Membership of the Association is comprised of the following categories:
Registered membership is open to those who are registered as Medical Physicists in a national register set up in accordance with the policies of the European Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics (EFOMP) and maintained by the registration committee of the association, and who support the objectives of the Association.
To apply for this membership category, download further details on criteria to enter the register and application form. The application fee is of € XX.
Associate membership will be open to those who fulfil (a) and (b) and who support the objectives of the Association.
- Hold a university level qualification in the physical sciences. For the purpose of applications for membership the definition of the term ‘physical sciences’ shall be at the discretion of the Executive Committee of the day,
- Are involved with the application of the physical sciences in healthcare.
To apply for this membership category, download further details and application form. The application fee is of € XX
Affiliate membership is open to persons who are ineligible for Registered or Associate Membership but who are working in the applications of the physical sciences as applied to healthcare
To apply for this membership category, download further details and application form. The application fee is of € XX.
Emeritus members are those Registered or Associate members who once retired still want to be in touch with the activities of the Association. They are not requested to pay the membership fee and can participate in the activities of the Association.
To apply for this membership category, download an application form.
- Application for membership must be supported by a proposer and a seconder who are Registered or Associate members of the Association.
- The Executive Committee of the Association shall evaluate all membership applications and grant or withhold membership in accordance with the Statute and Rules of the Association.
- An applicant who is refused membership by the Executive Committee shall have the right to appeal in writing to the next General Meeting of the Association. The General Meeting may decide by a simply majority of the Registered or Associate members attending to grant or withhold membership.
- The annual membership fee must be paid, before the 31th March of the year in which the subscription is due. A member who is in breach of this rule, and who has been issued a further 6 weeks written notice to this effect, shall, providing the Executive Committee so approves, forfeit all rights to membership of the Association.